Stainless Steel Cookware

Thursday, August 10, 2006

StowAway Stainless Steel Cookware


For some reason, food cooked outdoors always taste better than food cooked in a kitchen. Maybe it's the fresh air, or maybe just the thought of cooking a good meal without all the amenities of a stocked kitchen. Either way, there's nothing quite like it.

I love cooking outdoors, whether I'm backpacking, canoeing or site camping. I don't believe that just because I'm "roughing it," means that I can't cook quality meals. Since I enjoy the outdoor cooking experience, I've made sure to load my assortment of gear with a good set of cooking utensils. One of the most important cooking necessities that come to mind is pots and pans. Without those, it would be tough to make any kind of tasty meal.

My camp box is filled with an array of smaller, packable cooking devices. I've got all kinds of stuff in there to conjure up a meal, but my most prized possession is a Mountain Safety Research StowAway Stainless Steel Pot. The pot is surprisingly inexpensive at around $15, but far from cheap. It's an old reliable that has never let me down.

The pots comes in three sizes and are very durable and easy to clean -- but their handiest features are their locking lids. The MSR Stainless Steel Pots come with a unique system that uses the pot's handle to double as a lid-locking device. If you're clumsy as I am, then that could keep you from losing any of your precious dinner on a backcountry trip. Often, a camp stove isn't as stable as you would like and it keeps a wobbly stove and pot from spilling valued chow.

When you're done cooking with one of the StowAway pots, it can also be used to store dry food. Inside is a safe spot to store your dishwashing kit or anything you don't want wandering around your pack.

If you're looking for a great camp-cooking piece of gear, check out the StowAway pots. They'll give you years of service, and great tasting food.

Stainless Steel Cookware Information Posted By: Blueshoots.com

Original source : http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.CFPage?mode=article&objectID=28609

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home